Well, it was a camp to remember, however boring the activities were. From what I could remember, this is the first time camping with *gasps* girls. Girls, yeah about them. Not many of them in the camp, and out of those that attended, not many of them could make it.
Sure there were fun times, when juniors' underwears got torn, but this camp didn't give me that homey feeling. We did not address our GLs as 'Papa's or 'Mama's like the other camps, nor did we really sleep together like the other groups. Instead, among this group there were backstabbing and hostility. Sure, we worked well together and won third overall best group, but that's that. Surface achievements. I do not miss the people much, well maybe except for certain girls.
A one day trip brought a group closer than a 3 days camp. How ironic.
One thing I admire alot is that brotherly camaraderie among the seniors. Captain or not, they are all treated equally, backing up for each other and teaming up against juniors who 'bombed' them. That unique bond will definitely live long after they graduate. Like what the captain said, 'This is where you will find the bestest bunch of best brothers', or something along that line. What every true man needs is a bunch of best brothers. Bros before Hos man.
Oh, and I admire their bodies too.
Labels: db camp