<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/355407530640092904?origin\x3dhttp://siamxzlahxz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, June 28, 2008 4:10 PM
for the first time, i found family

"Everyone will have a first of many things in life. Each of them holds a definite importance. Magnitudes may be different, but important nevertheless." - Elliot's blog.


When was the last time you had your first special something?

In the Leaders of Tomorrow Camp (LTC) at Perak, Malaysia, we had many firsts. From our first trek to our first flying fox session to our first attempt at jungle cooking, first go at white water rafting, and even getting up close and personal with some of the snakes and other creatures of the jungle. But all these physical activities aside, there were... intangible matters that were firsts to me, that mean something to me. Sorry people, they are not for disclosure.

Anyway, I'm really at a loss as to what to write about the camp. There are 3 articles written by students and a facilitator, a few blog posts around the net, but nothing inspired me enough to write something meaningful. If you've noticed, I'm not good at writing reflections. Perhaps I've gained so much from this camp, I can't put it in words. The feeling is really indescribable, at least for me. There is no meaning in writing "The best camp ever!" or "LTC ROCKS!"

The bond, the forged friendship, the lessons -skills or values- learnt, the silence trusts made and all the fun could never been penned down by me. I'm just too not good with words. Thus I shall attach 2 articles written by my fellow scholars to give you an insight of what happened during the camp (2 posts below).

Sadly, there were some bitter aftertaste among the scholars, as some were disgusted by others, but I hope all these misunderstanding will be cleared soon.

Stories and photos galore, I'm not gonna post all the photos. Just one from the SP website.


You might think we were only together for 4 days, no, you're wrong. We have been together almost everyday for the whole holidays, for workshops, trainings, events. It's not easy to forget memories like these, especially when there were many firsts.

For the first time, (I think) I've found family in SP...

Looks like Nanyang has their own LTC too huh? But what, at Changi?
Oh yeah, guess what my team is called? POSEIDON. :)

Labels: , , ,

...