<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/355407530640092904?origin\x3dhttp://siamxzlahxz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, July 14, 2008 7:50 PM
an experience of a lifetime

I finally recieved the CDs for all the LTC photos from all cameras, amounting to thousand over photos. Very nostalgic, very.

And since I'm at it, I shall clear the misunderstanding that Xueli has with 'White water Rafting' and 'White water Kayaking'.





As you can see, white water rafting has real rapids, real currents, real danger and real WHITE water. Capsizing and going overboard do happen, like in the fourth photo where a team member had gone overboard. I for one, got thrown overboard. The water's freezing, the current strong, washing me away from my raft. I got rescued by another raft, and once back up, I sneezed my life away. A tiny fraction of the ecosystem come and go onto our rafts, with much much more underneath us. Water spiders, beetles and whatnots climb onto your legs, hands, and get flushed away. Rocks, big and small, are everywhere. We bump into them like free. The huge rock in the second (and fourth) photo is like a wall when we were going down the rapid and it felt like we were gonna bang into it and crash and die. Truly an experience of a lifetime.

What is Kayaking compared to this?

...