No office work/shophouse saikang can be more sai than in a mechanical workshop. I've played with diesel, lubricating oil, kerosene, paint, thinner, silicon, grease, dust, dirty water, rubbish, heavy components. Black hands, getting rashes, vomiting, painted face, inhaling fumes, getting heat exhaustion, dirty nails, bleeding, sweating, headaches and second hand smoke are all part of the game.
I'm glad its over.
Well, its a great experience alright. Got to see, touch, feel the stuff I'm studying for. Got much more knowledge in these 6 weeks than the past 2 years of school. It's quite ironic that this attachment was when I first saw an actual engine when for my whole life, my parents have been talking about it and there are actually real engines at their company/workshop.
One whole engine can have up to a few thousand individual components. We got to assemble parts of the engine and can you imagine a boat running out there actually has an engine put together by students like me? What if we didn't do properly and lives could be in our hands!
The last 2 days we had 'excursions' to BOSCH fuel pump makers, and the MAN warehouse, where we see alot. Also got some freebies as 'remembrance' and took photos. Its actually a good place for interns minus the saikang part.